Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yummy Chicken Pockets


I took a recipe from Pinterest and made it my own, they are so yummy and easy.
You will need
*chicken - I use breast tenders, about 2 per person, you can use whatever you prefer.
*crescent rolls- at first I used one can of eight, but the pockets weren't very big, so the next time I got 2 cans and used 2 rolls per pocket instead of one. If doing for a party, one role will work, for a meal, 2 is better.
*seasoning and other ingredients. I add shredded cheddar cheese(the amount will depend on how much chicken you make and how much you like, in my house there is no such thing as too much cheese LOL). I use different seasons, so whatever you like is good, I use garlic, onion powder and some other things. Like I said, I adapted this from another recipe, play with it until you get what you like

I boil the chicken usually in chicken broth and seasons, then fork shred it. Other recipes call to cube the chicken but it works better in the rolls if shredded and my hubby and I found that the cubed meat texture just didn't go. Then add more seasonings to taste and then the shredded cheese and stir. It helps if the chicken is still warm enough to melt the cheese slightly, it sticks together and makes it easier to spoon out.

I put my crescents in the freezer for about 30 mins, this keeps them from getting too warm and sticky while working with them. You can roll them into squares and sandwich them and pinch the edges or just fold up the sides after you put in the chicken. Fill the crescents on a cookie sheet that you will cook them on, the less moving you do, the less likely they will fall apart. Then cook according the instructions of the crescents and or until light brown. Once they are done, take them off the cookie sheet and put on to a cooling rack, if you leave them on the cookie sheet, the bottoms will get soggy.
There you go... ENJOY!

No comments: