Wednesday, August 22, 2007

DOCTORS!!!


Well we had our 15 month check today and everything is going well. I was a bit concerned that he isn't saying "momma" or "dada", but since he kind of says "no" (which is very funny, he makes a face everytime he says it) and "bye-bye" that he was fine and to see how far he comes at 18 months. He now weighs 21.5 pounds and is 31 inches tall!! Now I need to vent!! Doctors really make me mad when they think that our day revolves around them. Our appointment was at 9;30am, we didn't see the doc until 11:30!!!! Come on, there is no reason for that! If I was a working mom, they shouldn't expect me to take the whole day off for a 15min check and shots. We had a 12:30 appointment for the dentist which we were late for because we had to wait another half hour for them to call us back in to get his shots. It was 3pm before we got back home. That is why we are changing docs, that and the fact that right now the office he goes to is in a hospital. all the way downtown, and we have to pay to park. I have never seen, not even in Ft Worth, a hospital where they make, even patients let alone vistors to pay to park. Anyways, I am done. I must say that Matthew has gotten better about going to bed and understanding commands and questions. I will say to him, "it's time to go to bed or time to go nigh-nigh" and now he runs right to his bed. Let me tell you for those of you that haven't kept up, that is a MIRACLE!!! It has long been a battle at bedtime in our house. I didn't believe in the cry it out method until nothing and I mean NOTHING worked, and he would cry for hours. Nothing we did would get him to stop once he started so we just had to let him cry in bed. He also brings us stuff when we ask for it or get a specific toy when we ask him where it is. If only "NO" would enter his brain. Right now "no" is an encouragement, not a deterrant. I have never seen a child so defiant as he is. When I say "no", it's a challenge; "how long can continue before you do something about it and what will that be?" So now we are working on what that THING is that puts the "fear of no" into him. Despite that it is a blessing and joy to be with him so much and we have fun most days!! Well thats all thats going on here, have a great day!

No comments: